Thursday, March 14, 2013

New eBook: Unfuck A Monorail For Great Justice

Have you ever encountered a monolithic Rails app?

Have you ever wondered how to get it back to the slim, flexible dexterity that it had in the early days of its development?

Would you like to know how to make large Rails test suites fast?

I've written a book which tells you how to do those things. But that's not all it does.

I've figured out some amazing hacks to accelerate the process of refactoring. Using these techniques, I shrank a code base by over 1100 lines in a single week.

Monolithic Rails apps -- or monorails -- are a problem in the world of Rails development. My new book doesn't just show you how to get them back on track. It shows you how to get them back on track more cleanly and more swiftly than you would have believed humanly possible.

Nobody's seen this book yet, but people had great things to say about my first one.

Unfuck A Monorail For Great Justice: $41, 85-page PDF



I hope it's obvious, but this book is NSFW. Unless your workplace is cool with swearing a lot. In which case, you're golden.

(Update: more info here, and some Twitter responses.)